This is well worth the effort! We like to serve for brunch with Bananas Foster for dessert! Serves 8
Eggs in Puff Pastry
- 8 puff pastry shells, baked
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 tomatoes diced
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 8 oz can sliced mushrooms drained (we use fresh)
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- 8 poached eggs, poached for 3 1/2 minutes
- 2 cups Hollandaise sauce
- Paprika for garnish
- Parsley for garnish
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon style mustard
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions.
While shells are baking, prepare tomato mixture. In skillet, melt butter and sauté tomatoes, green onions, and mushrooms. Add parsley, stir well, remove from heat.
- Place pastry shells on serving plate. Fill each shell with tomato mixture and top with poached egg. Spoon Hollandaise sauce generously over top. Sprinkle with paprika and chopped parsley.
- For Hollandaise Sauce: Whisk egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard in top of double boiler until smooth. Add 4 Tablespoons butter. Cook over low heat stirring constantly until butter melts. Add remaining butter. Continue stirring until butter melts and sauce thickens.